Receptionist Job Description
Western North Carolina AIDS Project (WNCAP) is dedicated to preventing new cases of HIV/AIDS and promoting self-sufficiency in people living with HIV. WNCAP provides HIV-related client support, prevention, education and advocacy activities guided by the belief that all people are entitled to equal access to health care. WNCAP employees 20+ people and has 3 locations in Western NC.
Working under WNCAP’s Office Manager/SSP Coordinator, the Receptionist’s primary role is to greet visitors and answer incoming phone calls, assisting with inquiries and forwarding calls as-needed. We are seeking an individual who is an excellent communicator with outstanding customer service, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
This is a full time nonexempt position operating out of WNCAP’s Asheville, NC office. Regular work hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with 1 hour paid lunch.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer/transfer incoming phone calls and relay messages.
- Greet visitors in a positive, friendly manner.
- Provide information and customer service to visitors and callers.
- Provide support for agency projects.
- Prepare and monitor invoices.
- Track office inventory.
- Cover Syringe Services Program duties when needed.
- Perform a variety of additional administrative clerical office duties, as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent certification, plus at least two years of customer service and/or front desk experience.
Candidates must have the following skills in order to be considered for this position:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google Suite, and/or similar software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Ability to be punctual to open the office by 9am each morning
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to empathize with clients from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Awareness of issues that People Living With HIV face on a day-to-day basis
- Ability and willingness to diffuse difficult client/office visitor situations
- Knowledge of local community resources (preferred but not required)
- Must be willing and able to spend long periods of time in stationary position working at a computer
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
Compensation and Benefits
The Receptionist is a full-time nonexempt position based out of WNCAP’s Asheville office, located at 554 Fairview Road, Asheville NC 28803. Pay range is $13.50-$16.80 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience. Regular work hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with 1 hour paid lunch. Dress code is business casual. WNCAP is a certified living wage agency.
- Partial employer-sponsored health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
WNCAP is an equal opportunity employer; females, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For consideration for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, including “Receptionist” in the subject line, to: email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we cannot respond to all correspondence received.
Thank you so much for your interest in WNCAP.