Bilingual Medical Case Manager
Western North Carolina AIDS Project (WNCAP) is dedicated to preventing new cases of HIV/AIDS and promoting self-sufficiency in people living with HIV. WNCAP provides HIV-related client support, prevention, education and advocacy activities guided by the belief that all people are entitled to equal access to health care. WNCAP employs 30+ people and has 3 locations in Western NC.
Working under WNCAP’s Case Management Supervisor, the Bilingual Medical Case Manager’s primary role is to identify & mitigate barriers to medical care for People Living with HIV, in particular WNCAP’s Spanish speaking clients. Travel is required for trainings, conferences, meetings, client-home visits, and client transportation.
This is a full time nonexempt position. Regular work hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with 1 hour paid lunch.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate effectively with clients in both English and Spanish, verbally and via written communication.
- Complete Needs Assessment & Person-centered Care Plan.
- Provide culturally competent services and help clients achieve their Care Plan goals.
- Coordinate/link individuals to medical appointments.
- Coordinate/link individuals to transportation for health related appointments; and/or provide transportation for health related appointments utilizing personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement is provided for use of personal vehicle).
- Ensure access to all medications and provide adherence support and counseling.
- Coordinate/link clients to appropriate resources/third party payors in order to maintain access to medical care and medications.
- Coordinate/link clients to Behavioral Health and Substance use services, as appropriate.
- Link clients to housing programs and/or rent/utility assistance; assist and support Client’s participation in housing programs to maintain housing.
- Complete financial assessments to determine clients’ eligibility for financial assistance resources; link to appropriate resources.
- Build collaborative relationships with other professionals in the community, including but not limited to; medical care providers/agencies, behavioral health providers/agencies, dental care providers/agencies, housing specialists, pharmacies, legal staff, etc.
- Complete progress notes, 6-month review, and annual reassessment for all clients in caseload.
- Maintain clients’ case management chart following State/Federal guidelines for audits.
- Support and respect clients’ autonomy.
4 year degree from an accredited College or University; or
Associate Degree with 2 years experience in a related field; or
5 years experience in case management or related human services fields; or
Other equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Candidates must have the following skills in order to be considered for this position:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task caseload
- Thorough knowledge of local community resources
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and/or similar software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to empathize with clients from a variety of backgrounds
- Awareness of issues that People Living With HIV face on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish fluently
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle liability coverage
- Must be willing and able to spend long periods of time in a stationary position working at a computer
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Must be willing and able to drive long distances transporting and/or visiting clients
Compensation and Benefits
The Bilingual Medical Case Manager is a full-time nonexempt position based out of WNCAP’s Asheville office, located at 554 Fairview Road, Asheville NC 28803. The starting pay range is $35-40k/year, depending on qualifications and experience. Regular work hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with 1 hour paid lunch. Dress code is business casual. WNCAP is a certified living wage agency.
- Partial employer-sponsored health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
WNCAP is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to foster a workplace that supports and amplifies a diverse array of voices and experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, people living with HIV, and veterans to apply.
Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any status protected under local, state or federal laws.
For consideration for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, including “Bilingual Medical Case Manager” in the subject line, to: email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we cannot respond to all correspondence received.
Thank you so much for your interest in WNCAP.