Bilingual Medical Case Manager – Asheville Office
Western North Carolina AIDS Project (WNCAP) is dedicated to preventing new cases of HIV/AIDS and promoting self-sufficiency in people living with HIV. WNCAP provides HIV-related client support, prevention, education and advocacy activities guided by the belief that all people are entitled to equal access to health care. WNCAP employs 20 people and has 3 locations in Western NC.
Working under WNCAP’s Case Management Supervisor, the Bilingual Medical Case Manager’s primary role is to identify & mitigate barriers to medical care for People Living with HIV, in particular WNCAP’s Spanish speaking clients. Travel is required for trainings, conferences, meetings, client-home visits, and client transportation.
This is a full-time nonexempt position. Regular work hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with 1 hour paid lunch.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate effectively with clients in both English and Spanish, verbally and via written communication.
- Complete Needs Assessment & Person-centered Care Plan.
- Provide culturally competent services and help clients achieve their Care Plan goals.
- Coordinate/link individuals to medical appointments.
- Coordinate/link individuals to transportation for health-related appointments; and/or provide transportation for health-related appointments utilizing personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement is provided for use of personal vehicle).
- Ensure access to all medications and provide adherence support and counseling.
- Coordinate/link clients to appropriate resources/third party payors in order to maintain access to medical care and medications.
- Coordinate/link clients to Behavioral Health and Substance use services, as appropriate.
- Link clients to housing programs and/or rent/utility assistance; assist and support Client’s participation in housing programs to maintain housing.
- Complete financial assessments to determine clients’ eligibility for financial assistance resources; link to appropriate resources.
- Build collaborative relationships with other professionals in the community, including but not limited to; medical care providers/agencies, behavioral health providers/agencies, dental care providers/agencies, housing specialists, pharmacies, legal staff, etc.
- Complete progress notes, 6-month review, and annual reassessment for all clients in case load.
- Maintain clients’ case management chart following State/Federal guidelines for audits.
- Support and respect clients’ autonomy.
4 year degree from an accredited College or University; or
Associate Degree with 2 years experience in a related field; or
5 years experience in case management or related human services fields.
Candidates must have the following skills in order to be considered for this position:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task case load
- Thorough knowledge of local community resources
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and/or similar software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to empathize with clients from a variety of backgrounds
- Awareness of issues that People Living With HIV face on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish fluently
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle liability coverage
- Must be willing and able to spend long periods of time in stationary position working at a computer
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Must be willing and able to drive long distances transporting and/or visiting clients
Compensation and Benefits
The Bilingual Medical Case Manager is a full-time nonexempt position based out of WNCAP’s Asheville office, located at 554 Fairview Road, Asheville NC 28803. Salary range is $33-36k/year, depending on qualifications and experience. Regular work hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with 1 hour paid lunch. Dress code is business casual. WNCAP is a certified living wage agency.
- Partial employer-sponsored health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
WNCAP is an equal opportunity employer; females, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For consideration for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, including “Bilingual Medical Case Manager” in the subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we cannot respond to all correspondence received.
Thank you so much for your interest in WNCAP.